I was extremely pleased with everything about my experience at TherapyDIA Denver. I have some complicated medical issues related to arthritis and my musculature, and Casey was superb in absorbing this information and integrating it into my treatment plan. He treated my sprained rotator cuff through a variety of techniques, all of which proved very beneficial. Casey even reached out to my personal trainer to provide information as to how I could adapt exercises during my recovery period.
I suffered neck, back, and hip injuries after a serious car accident and was nervous about anyone manipulating those areas for treatment. Under Casey’s care my mind was immediately put at ease and his treatments have worked wonders for my injuries. He is an incredible physical therapist and I would recommend him to anyone seeking treatment for any injury.
Love, love, love the work that Josh has done to help me with my arthritic knee. I can now lead a normal life with very little pain. He is very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining the treatment he is recommending for you.
Arthritis Pain Relief
Joints in the body are where two bones meet. When someone develops osteoarthritis (OA), the cartilage that acts as a cushion at the ends of most bones gets worn away causing bone on bone contact. This leads to pain, stiffness and difficulty movement. Osteoarthritis (OA) is degenerative joint disease or ‘wear-and-tear’ arthritis and is the most common type of arthritis.
It’s true that once a joint has undergone arthritic degeneration, the degeneration will not reverse. It is also true that research has shown that physical therapy can help alleviate pain experienced from joints with arthritis and improve the mobility of your affected joints. This includes increasing strength to support arthritis joints and improving overall wellness to perform your daily activities.
Additionally, stiff joints is a common issue people with arthritis experience because they avoid painful movements and this makes matters worse because by not moving their joints, stiffness and pain worsens. By working with a physical therapist, you can learn to move without pain and to avoid joint stiffness.
Arthritis PT Research
- Research has shown that manual therapy techniques have helped patients to perform daily activities with less pain. In a 2000 study comparing 2 groups of hip osteoarthritis patients who received a exercise program vs. those who received a manual therapy program, “patients in the manual therapy group had significantly better outcomes on pain, stiffness, hip function, and range of motion.”
- . Another study reached the same conclusion around
- – patients who received clinical treatments experienced 2-times less pain than those who just exercised at home.
- Therapydia physical therapy clinics are known to utilize
- as the foundation of our treatments. Manual therapy techniques include mobilizing joints to allow for greater range of motion. If your pain is hindering your everyday life, you may be wondering if surgery is right for you. We encourage patients to first see a physical therapist prior to going to surgery. Even if you do need to have get surgery in the end, physical therapy may give you more quality time prior to taking that step.
- Physical therapists are medical professionals with a graduate degree and clinical experience. They have the ability to examine, diagnose, treat and help prevent conditions that hinder movement. Movement can be anything from getting out of bed to walking around your neighborhood.
- During your treatment session, your Therapydia physical therapist will work with you one-on-one to understand what your needs and goals are. Your first appointment is called an initial evaluation and will include a head-to-toe analysis of your biomechanics and movement to pinpoint causes of your pain. Your physical therapist will walk you through your custom set of exercises.
- Manual therapy: Increase mobility in your muscles and joints to improve their function, flexibility and strength.
- Oriented muscle mobilizations called “joint glides” are performed manually on specific muscles and knee extensors to restore the full range of their movements.
- Custom exercises: Strengthening muscles surrounding the joint to stabilize weakened joints.
- Patient education: Guided demonstration around proper posture and body mechanics for common daily activities to cushion joints and lessen pain.
About Therapydia Denver
Better Physical Therapy Experience
At Therapydia Denver, our physical therapists offer one-on-one, hands-on arthritis treatment. You’ll spend your entire with one of our expert therapists – we won’t hand you off to a PT assistant or aide. With our manual therapy techniques and custom exercise programs, we’ll help you strengthen your musculature and correct your mechanics to get relieve arthritis pain. We’ll help you understand what’s causing your pain, what you can do to relieve your pain and ways to prevent reoccurring injuries.
Best of all, you’re covered. Therapydia works with and provides billing for most insurance groups and Medicare. We also accept cash payments.
- Lifetime Wellness
- Quality Treatment
and Physical Therapist