Sciatica Physical Therapy
Long-term, Effective Sciatica Nerve Relief
What is Sciatica?
But what exactly is sciatica and how do physical therapists treat this complex diagnosis? The simple answer is the treatment is all dictated by the source.
Generally, Sciatica is a term that is commonly used to describe pain, weakness, numbness, or tingling that radiates down the back of the leg. Typically, the symptoms follow the distribution of the sciatic nerve, but there can be some confusion as to the source of the pain especially when the patient’s symptoms are referred. Our job as PTs is to determine the source of the nerve irritation or referral origin and treat it accordingly. This is often accomplished with a thorough musculoskeletal exam and typically without the need for costly medical imaging.
Signs & Symptoms
- Pain in the rear or leg when sitting down
- Burning or tingling feeling down the leg
- Weakness, or problems with moving your leg or foot
- Contact pain in the buttock
- Sciatic nerve and piriformis muscle irritation or pinching usually by a herniated disk
- Bone spur or overgrowth in your spine
- Spinal stenosis or narrowing of the spinal canal in the lower back
- Degenerative disc disease
Do I Need Physical Therapy?
If your pain persists or is a result of a reoccurring injury, let’s talk. Since all injuries are unique, our physical therapists will be able to put together a recovery plan specific to you to improve your ability to move, improve strength, speed up recovery and help you find sciatica relief and prevent it from reoccurring.
Why Therapydia Denver for Physical Therapy?
At Therapydia Denver, our physical therapists offer one-on-one, hands-on treatment. You’ll spend your entire with one of our expert therapists – we won’t hand you off to a PT assistant or aide. We’ll help you understand what’s causing your pain, what you can do to relieve your pain and ways to prevent reoccurring injuries. Our physical therapists are chosen through a selection screening process to ensure you get the care you need.
Best of all, you’re covered. Therapydia works with and provides billing for more insurance groups. For clients with out-of-network benefits, most PPOs will pay a portion of treatment charges with a prescription from a physician.
- Manual therapy to massage and stretch muscles and joints and improve range and motion
- Guided programs with thorough explanation of diagnosis and treatment
- Latest technology and techniques for faster recovery including dry needling
- One-on-one attention with a physical therapist
- Personalized programs that evolve with your progress
- Warm, welcoming, non-clinical environment
- On-going wellness programs for injury prevention and performance
- Virtual access to your PT and other Therapydia experts
- Knowledgable and friendly team who values patient satisfaction and outcomes
Schedule Your Appointment
Colorado is a direct access state, meaning you can see a physical therapist without a referral or prescription from a doctor. Start your physical therapy treatment with Therapydia and leave every physical therapy treatment feeling better than before.